在对外贸易中，按时装运进出口货物，及时将货物从厂方运至目的地，对完成进出口交易、满足市场需要、减少货物积压和提高商品的竞争能力，都起着积极重要的 作用。 特别是对某些鲜活商品或季节性商品的运输，更要抢时间、争速度，及时完成运输任务，以免造成经济上的损失和信誉上的不良影响。如果装卸不及时，运输拖延， 到货慢，就会影响商品的销路，甚至失去市场。
C.F.R 和 C.I.F 三种价格术语，卖方只要根据合同的有关规定将货物装上船，取得提单，就算交货。提单签发日期亦即为交货日。因此，装运一词常被用来代替交货的概念。 这种凭单交货被称为象征性交货。（实际交货是指货物运抵目的地，因而，装运时间与交货时间是并不一致的。）凭单交货时，装运期和交货期是一致的。在买卖合 同中，合理地规定装运期（交货期）是很重要的。装运期（交货期）可分为三种：定期装运、近期装运和不定期装运。
1. How long does it usually take you to make a delivery?
2. As a rule, we deliver all our orders within three months after
receipt of the covering L/C.
3. Could you possibly advance shipment further more?
4. I hope that the goods can be shipped promptly after you get our L/C.
5. Shipment should be made before October，otherwise we are not able to catch the season.
6. The earliest shipment we can make is early March.
7. I’m sorry，we can’t advance the time of shipment.
8. The order is so urgently required that we must ask you to expedite shipment.
9. We are confident of being able to ship the goods to you by the end of next month.
10. The goods ordered are all in stock and we assure you that the first steamer will make the shipment available in November.
11. Please see to it that the goods are shipped per PEACE sailing on or about October 15th.
12. Shipment by the middle of October will be too late for us.
13. We’ll try our best to advance shipment to September.
14. When is the earliest possible date you can ship the goods?
15. I wonder whether you can make shipment in September.
16. How long will the delivery take from here to Canada by sea freight?
17. I don’t think I can promise you any January shipments.
18. Please be informed that the shipment of the cargo (your purchase order No. 123) was sent yesterday, airway bill No.123.
19. In case you do not receive the goods on or before December 12, please let us know.
20. We will do all we can to fill your order so that the goods will be shipped before October 15.
A: Now we have settled the terms of payment. Is it possible to effect shipment during September?
B: I don’t think we can.
A: Then when is the earliest we can expect shipment?
B: By the middle of October, I think.
A: That’s too late. You see, November is the season for this commodity in our market, and our Customs formalities are rather compli- cated.
B: I understand.
A: Besides, the flow through the marketing channels and the red tape involved take at least a couple of weeks. Thus, after ship- ment it will be four to five weeks altogether before the goods can reach our retailers. The goods must therefore be shipped
before October;otherwise we won’t be in time for the selling season.
-- 那太迟了。你知道，在我方市场上，十一月份是这种商品的上 市季节，而我们的海关手续又相当复杂。
-- 另外，通过销售渠道以及繁琐的公文程序，起码要花上几个星 期。这样从装船后到我们的零售商收到货物，总共要用四、五 个星期。因此，十月份前货物必须装船，否则我们就赶不上销 售季节了。
B: But our factories are fully committed for the third quarter. In fact, many of our clients are placing orders for delivery in the fourth quarter.
A: Mr. Brown, you certainly realize that the time of delivery is a mat- ter of great importance to us. If we place our goods on the market at a time when all other importers have already sold their goods at profitable prices, we shall lose out.
B: I see your point. However, we have done more business this year than any of the previous years. I am very sorry to say that we cannot advance the time of delivery.
A: That’s too bad, but I sincerely hope you will give our request your special consideration.
B: You may take it from me that the last thing we want to do is to disappoint an old customer like you. But the fact remains that our manufacturers have a heavy backlog on their hands.
A: But can’t you find some way to get round your producers for an earlier delivery? Make a special effort, please. A timely delivery means a lot to us.
B: All right. We’ll get in touch with our producers and see what they have to say.